As a leading digital marketing agency, Air Social is often called upon to give expert comment on upcoming trends in the industry.
Our managing director, Alex Vinall was recently asked to present at a business breakfast hosted by fellow Guildford business, Kyan, to give her insights into what digital marketing trends businesses should be keeping an eye on in 2020.
Toast is a free, fun and friendly monthly breakfast meetup for all sorts of businesses from social media agencies and freelance video editors to business accelerators, financial specialists and more and provides a place to meet and learn, whilst loading up on carbs for the day ahead.
You can watch Alex’s full presentation (it’s about 20-minutes long) here but we know how busy you all are so for ease and speed, we’ve highlighted the key points below…
Building Authenticity & Trust
- 93% of customers are more likely to recommend a brand they personally trust
- 54% of UK Instagram influencers have bought followers or engagement
- 96% of people in the UK don’t trust influencers
- 84% of people will not make a purchase if they are dealing with an unsecured website
- Over 4.4 million blog posts were published every day in 2019
- On average, we see over 5,000 adverts per day
- 59% of senior executives would rather watch a video than read text when given the choice of both
- 80% of people typically switch between online search and video when researching products to buy
- 55% of shoppers say they used online video whilst shopping in a store
- 88% of people in the UK watch videos online
Chatbots & Humanity
- 63% of consumers believe businesses should be on Messenger
- 80% of routine questions can be answered by Chatbots
- 75% of customers prefer customer service queries to be handled by a human
- WhatsApp for business is one to watch!
Keep checking back on our blog page more insights into the world of digital marketing or for help and advice on how your business can make the most of its digital marketing strategy in 2020, give one of Air Social’s friendly team a call on 01483 789434